What you need to know to apply for the RN to BSN Degree Completion Option
- You may apply any time and enter the program in the fall, spring, or summer semesters.
- All general education courses must be complete before you begin nursing coursework.
- You must have an Associate of Science Nursing (ASN) or nursing diploma. Check with your closest campus for accreditation requirements.
- You are required to hold a current, unencumbered RN license in the state in which you are practicing and/or plan to meet your clinical requirements.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 from your ASN or diploma program.
- You must complete a criminal background check on the campus to which you are applying.
You will apply to the Indiana University campus closest to you and upon acceptance it will become your home campus. This is the location from which your diploma will be issued and where you will receive academic advising as well as student and technical support.
You will apply to your home campus for admission and and if you meet the requirements mentioned above, you will be admitted to the RN to BSN Degree Completion Option and can begin taking general education courses. Once you have completed general education coursework, you may begin taking nursing courses.
If you’re ready to apply, locate the campus closest to you.
To help determine the best school for YOU, use this Program Comparison Worksheet.